JOB: Iowa Lottery Chief Revenue Officer
The Iowa Lottery is seeking applicants interested in becoming the Chief Revenue Officer. (FYI...this is the position that will replace Teri Wood as she retires.)
Here is the link to information about this position:
- Job Description
This is a non-merit position with the Iowa Lottery Authority. Candidates must follow the instructions in the "To Apply" section.
Positions in this class are exempt from the screening and referral requirements of the Iowa Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Enterprise.
We are the IOWA Lottery
The Iowa Lottery was created in 1985 to provide entertainment and prizes to players while responsibly raising billions of dollars for state programs that benefit all Iowans. Since inception, Iowa Lottery players have won more than $4.3 billion in prizes while generating more than $2 billion in proceeds for state programs. The record success of the Iowa Lottery is built upon a foundation of operational integrity, innovative and entertaining products, a network of nearly 2,400 statewide retailer licensees, and a team of Iowans who work every day to deliver on the Lottery’s promise to Iowa. The key to the Lottery’s continued success is hiring talent that embraces the organization’s core values of integrity and innovation while responsibly achieving revenue goals for the State of Iowa.
The Iowa Lottery is seeking an experienced Chief Revenue Officer with cross-functional expertise to lead our sales and marketing teams and manage the Lottery's revenue growth. As a member of the senior management team, the CRO will be instrumental in strategic planning, focusing on expansion to new customer segments and partnerships, with the goal of boosting revenue streams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The CRO reports to the Lottery’s Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for the Lottery’s business development and sales strategy and objectives, including collaborating on, developing, and executing integrated sales initiatives as well as identifying new opportunities to generate revenue. This includes establishing and managing adherence to performance metrics and processes such as: lead generation, prospecting, sales pipeline, sales processes, evaluation of technology solutions, including customer relationship management, consultative selling skills and market development.
Essential duties of the CRO include:
- Oversee the Iowa Lottery’s sales and marketing bureaus. Directly supervise the Director of Sales and Retail Services and the Director of Marketing and Advertising. Indirectly supervise approximately fifty-five sales and marketing personnel. Oversee interviewing, hiring, and training of division personnel; assign and direct workflow; assess personnel performance consistent with enterprise-wide objectives; administer personnel policies and procedures.
- Develop and execute revenue growth strategies with the executive management team and board of directors.
- Develop and execute accountability and performance metrics for sales and marketing personnel.
- Develop and execute appropriate incentive-based compensation and internal promotions based upon accountability and performance metrics.
- Gather, analyze, and compile data needed to identify trends and patterns and make recommendations for business actions.
- Lead strategic and business unit planning to develop reasonable and thorough revenue projections for annual budgets and multi-year projections. Leverage relationships with third-party vendors to develop a range of revenue forecasts.
- Create and manage standardized outreach for current and future retail licensees – coordinating implementation across sales channels, customer management, and marketing communications.
- Develop and implement sales management processes: pipeline, account planning and proposals.
- Develop and execute “go-to-market” strategies for new products, retail partners, and/or product distribution channels.
- Grow, train, and manage a geographically dispersed sales team, including developing sales strategies and matrixes for analyzing sales performance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key retail industry C-level executives. Ability to establish and maintain relationships with senior lottery industry nationwide colleagues.
- Possess strong public presentation skills necessary for use in public board of director meetings, industry trade conferences or panels, and related forums. Participation in quarterly meetings of the Iowa Lottery Board.
- Work with internal and external auditors to ensure compliance with enterprise security and fiscal controls.
- Develop and execute strategies for professional development and skills training for sales and marketing personnel.
- Manage and oversee third-party vendor relationships, including participation in procurement and public request-for-proposal processes.
- Oversee the implementation of the Lottery’s customer relationship management program.
The selected candidate must pass a full background investigation (Class L-1).
- Minimum Qualification Requirements
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in any field, and experience equal to seven years of full-time work in professional sales and management, including all aspects of sales leadership and motivation, and the use of data analytics in monitoring and evaluating sales teams.
For additional information, please click on this link to view the job description. (Download PDF reader)
- State of Iowa
- 627 Iowa Lottery Authority
- 13001 University Ave
Clive, Iowa, 50325
- Created on .
- Hits: 1421