JOB: North Carolina Education Lottery Chief Technology Officer- Raleigh 
Chief Technology Officer- Raleigh 
The lottery is looking for an IT leader to help us reimagine our business- by implementing new technologies as well as optimizing legacy systems.
As our business evolves, we are pursuing a digital transformation that re-evaluates how our organization utilizes technology, people, and processes to achieve business goals and keep customers happy.
What we offer: a skilled and seasoned team, a rising star in the lottery industry, generous development benefits, solid IT infrastructure and security, and environment and resources conducive to strategic change.
This position offers a great opportunity to work with smart and dedicated people who are committed to raising money for education.
We offer the best of both worlds: working for a mission-driven organization with the financial and strategic resources to make it happen.
We are interested in your ideas on how to drive our $3.8 billion dollar business to the next level. Come and grow your career in this fun, friendly and fast-paced environment!
• Develop a clearly-defined and compelling digital strategy for the company’s future
• Ensure that the technology infrastructure and operations are in place to support that strategy
• Work with teams across the lottery to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models
• Build, manage and continue to grow an internal and external digital innovation ecosystem
• Identify new tools – AI, digital, CRM – that can support, enhance and improve our solutions
• Collaborate with members of the executive team to identify ways IT can assist the company in achieving business and financial goals.
• Identify new IT developments and technologies. Anticipate resulting organizational modifications. Develops strategies to meet those needs.
• Communicate goals, projects, and timelines of the company to the department; plan ways to execute those goals within the department.
• Integrate new software and platforms into existing computer systems to ensure that technology is optimized.
• Ensure that IT and network infrastructure adequately support the lottery’s computing, data processing, and communications needs.
• Establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors and negotiate services and contracts.
• Ensure security of all information and computer systems and digital data.
• Develop and maintain IT budget.
• Recruit, hire, and manage IT personnel
• Ensure adherence to government regulations and guidelines for technological systems and safeguarding of data.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or software engineering, or information systems; MBA or other master’s level degree a plus
• 8 years’ supervisory or management experience in a technology role, with an emphasis on leading digital transformation.
• Proven track record of leading successful digital transformation projects
• Have an innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward
• Proven influencing and presentation skills. Desire and ability to explain vision to a wide variety of audiences.
• Outstanding interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
• Strategic thinking and planning skills
• Experience designing and developing IT systems
• Understanding of data analysis, business principles, and operations
• User focus
• Familiarity with technology and platforms used in your field
• Research and analytical skills
• Problem solving
• Ability to improvise and find workarounds
• Adaptability and curiosity.
• Leadership, management, and mentoring skills
• Knowledge of product and sector
• Effective organizational and project management skills
• Integrity and trustworthiness with confidential data
• Ability to manage vendor contracts and projects.
Hiring Rate: $165,000 - $189,000
Closing Date: February 4, 2022
bout the North Carolina Education Lottery We raise money for a great cause! All of the earnings of the North Carolina Education Lottery go to education. We award on average $5 million a day in prizes.
To learn more, visit our website www.nclottery.com.
At the North Carolina Education Lottery, we deal with winners everyday: our employees! We offer competitive pay and benefits, flexible schedules, professional development opportunities, casual attire, open communication and a fun work environment.
All employees of the Lottery are expected to support the organization values (honesty, respect, integrity and trust) and its commitment to corporate social responsibility (including responsible gaming, environmental awareness, community involvement, etc). Apply in minutes! Get started by uploading your resume.
Click here for our Careers Page. Equal Opportunity Employer
- Created on .
- Hits: 2150