Svenska Game Group's profit after financial items and tax for 2012 was 5 138 million, an increase of SEK 132 million (2.6%) compared with 2011.
- We show the best operating profit ever by a margin that is in line with the owner's target. The increase is primarily due to strong sales of lottery, numbers games, sports games, in both our agents and online. However loses Vegas and Casino Cosmopol slightly, due to extensive marketing of similar forms of gambling online by gambling without a license, says Svenska Spel CEO Lennart source.
Gaming Board decided on the new restriction rule for Vegas with effect from 1 January 2013.With the new rule changes the conditions to become partners of the Svenska game.
Svenska Spel certified in December for the second time as the European Lotteries gaming standards.
Svenska Spel's market share for the fourth quarter is estimated at just over 49% which is slightly lower than for the full year 2011.
Svenska Spel are increasing their market share in the retail channel, while the market share online continues to decline due to a rapid growth of online gambling without permission.
We are starting to see the effects of the cost-efficiency program initiated in 2012, especially in the fourth quarter.
Gaming work during 2012 has, among other things meant more than 6300 test purchases of agents and business partners, to approximately 4000 employees of agents and business partners received diplomas in gaming, the launch of self Mobile and targeted liability action against high-risk groups of young men and middle-aged women.
Sponsorship initiative Svea launched in the autumn, where 50 million allocated annually by customers to width sport. The aim is a strong connection to the sport and increased gaming by more registering their games.
January - December in brief
- Net gaming revenue for the group rose to 9,815 (9,687) million, an increase of 1.3%.
- Operating profit for the Group was 5,083 (4,940) million, an increase of 2.9%.
- Profit for the Group was 5,138 (5,007) million, an increase of 2.6%.
- Operating margin was 22.0 (21.9)%.
Fourth quarter from October to December in Brief
- Net gaming revenue for the group rose to 2,707 (2,689) million, an increase of 0.6%.
- Operating profit for the Group was 1,439 (1,356) million, an increase of 6.1%.
- Profit for the Group was 1,459 (1,378) million, an increase of 5.9%.
- Operating margin was 23.0 (21.9)%.
Year-December 2012 you can find here
Svenska Spel's AGM will be held in Visby on Tuesday 24 April at 13:00.
For more information contact:
Lennart Source, CEO, tel 08-757 77 77.
Marie Loob, CFO / Vice President, tel: 0498-26 37 24.
Johan Tisell, Press Officer, tel: 070-322 55 21st