President & Chief Executive Officer
Position Open To: The Public Closing Date: April 15, 2017
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation (hereinafter, the Corporation), a State quasi-public agency, is undertaking a search and invites applications for its President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) position.
Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the President & CEO oversees the operation and management of the business and affairs of the Corporation.
He/she provides leadership and guidance in developing, communicating and implementing the Corporation’s strategic plan and revenue-raising mission.
Additionally the President & CEO:
• Ensures that the lottery continues to operate with integrity and for the public good, maximizing net lottery revenue while directing efforts to promote the responsible play of lottery games.
• Responsible for fiscal management, program management, operational/administrative management, sales, marketing, game development and strategic planning. Required Qualifications The President & CEO must have a history of and a demonstrated track record of effective management of an organization of similar size and complexity (public, private, non-profit). Additional qualifications include:
• Capable of operating in a transparent and constructive manner while managing relationships with the board, staff, legislators, the Governor and State agencies, regulators, vendors and other partners, the press and other external parties.
• Possess a strong financial and management background, demonstrated leadership ability, excellent communication skills including presentation and public speaking skills, strategic planning skills and fiscal management skills.
• Knowledge of the lottery industry and government procurement policies is a plus. Education: A college degree is required. An advanced degree is a plus in a related field such as business administration, public administration or law.
The Organization: The Connecticut Lottery Corporation was created by the State to generate revenue for the State of Connecticut’s general fund.
Since its inception, the lottery has delivered more than $8.5 billion to the State of Connecticut for valuable programs and causes.
This financial success reflects sound business planning and a commitment to integrity.
In fiscal year, 2015 the Connecticut Lottery Corporation achieved sales of $1.144 billion returning a record of $319.7 million to the state’s General Fund. Players won $707.7 million and payments to retailers were $64.27 million. For the fiscal year ending June 30, 2016, sales were $1.23 billion with another record return of $337.5 million to the General Fund.
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation partners with nearly 2,900 retailers who sell tickets; and the revenue they earn from the sale of lottery products works to keep their profits and workforces stable.
For additional information visit the website at: www.ctlottery.org.
SPECIAL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: E-mail resume and cover letter to the Corporation’s search consultant:
The Connecticut Lottery Corporation is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.